APS6 Administration Officer
Department of Health – Laboratories and Health Security Section requires an APS6 equivalent Administration Officer.
- Prepare and /or provide input to urgent requests, such as high level executive briefings, Ministerial correspondence, FOI responses, public enquiries and media questions related to COVID-19 testing matters;
- Provide administrative support for the Public Health Laboratory Network, a standing committee of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) to ensure that key outcomes are achieved, including secretariat support on occasion if required;
- Assist to undertake policy research and development to enhance laboratory capacity and capability within Australia and guide implementation of microbial genomics into the public health system;
- Liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders and service providers, including legal and procurement advisors, state and territory government officials and other Australian Government representatives;
- Support health COVID-19 emergency response activities and arrangements; and
- Collaborate and work effectively with team members and officers within the Public Health and Surveillance Branch, Office of Health Protection and Response.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build collaborative and collegiate relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Highly developed written communication skills, including the ability to draft high level complex documents, briefing papers and meeting outcomes;
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team to contribute to the Section / Branch's goals and objectives; and
- Analytical and policy development skills including the ability to translate / integrate scientific information and evidence into Ministerial correspondence, responses to enquiries and other documents.
- Demonstrated government administration or policy experience is highly desirable.
- A background in health or biological sciences would also be an advantage but is not required.
Call Jess today on 0487 359 039 to find out more about this fantastic opportunity!
Why our Contractors LOVE Effective People
- Fortnightly payment schedule
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Novated Car Leasing Opportunities
- Corporate Discounts
- People First Focus, our team is always accessible
* Salary details are calculated without bonus and monthly payout as per tax bracket without tax
threshold and other allowances. Its always good to confirm these details with the employer or
Apply for APS6 Administration Officer
You Don't Have
ACN: 643 516 241 | ABN: 56 643 516 241