- Join an innovative and leading youth mental health service provider - Orygen HOPE
- Part Time opportunity - Based in Orygen Youth Health, Parkville
- Work alongside highly trained staff whilst providing compassionate and supportive care for youth
The Royal Melbourne Hospital is seeking an administration officer with experience in the mental health industry to join a new and innovative Orygen HOPE service at Orygen Specialist Programs (OSP). The position will be integral in ensuring the effective delivery of all administrative functions. Functions include reception, switchboard, maintaining appointment systems, medical records, other database management and application of Microsoft Office tools. The position will be essential to the overall functionality and delivery of mental health and wellbeing services to young people and their families and carers.
Your new team:
Orygen HOPE is an emerging service for young people aged 12 to 25 years experiencing deliberate self-harm, suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts. Orygen HOPE service is one of the child and youth HOPE services recommended in the expansion of the established HOPE program by the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System.
HOPE services provide clinical and psychosocial support for eligible people for a 3 month period. Contact with eligible people occurs within 24 hours of referral and focus of care targets stressors that may have contributed to the person considering/attempting suicide and/or deliberate self-harm. Orygen HOPE will be a key service in the access to care for young people experiencing deliberate self-harm and suicidal ideation/attempts. The service forms part of the front-end access to Orygen and will partner with specialist and primary care services.
Your new role:
- Assist in ensuring all legal documentation is complete and accurate and forwarded when necessary to the appropriate coordinator within the area mental health service
- Data entry in an accurate and timely manner
- Use the state-wide mental health, hospital and local information management systems efficiently and appropriately (CMI, iPM, Epic)
- Ensure reconciliation between state-wide mental health, hospital and local information management systems in accordance with network policy.
- Maintain storage areas ensuring adequate supplies of approved forms are available
- Comply with NWAMHS confidentiality requirements
- Previous professional experience in a mental health service and/or an inpatient setting preferable, but not an exclusion
- Experience using the Victorian mental health state wide information system, CMI/RAPID
- Experience using iPM and Epic
- Relevant experience and ability to provide a broad range of administrative and intermediate level keyboard support functions including word processing and database entry
- Flexibility to change as HiTH evolves and grows
Benefit of working with NorthWestern Mental Health:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.