Administrative Officer (AAEP), Thornlands State School
About the School: At Thornlands State School we have built a reputation as a caring, high achieving school, with excellent educational opportunities, including a quality curriculum which incorporates academic, social, cultural and sporting excellence, high behaviour standards and a commitment to continuing improvement and lifelong learning.
About the Role: As the Administrative Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Autonomy to perform a variety of day to day administrative and support services that are routine in nature and directed by the Principal or the Business Manager.
- Undertake routine activities including reception (telephone and counter enquiries), arranging appointments, correspondence and general administration, maintaining school records, such as incident reports, student admissions, enrolments and departures, processing incoming and outgoing mail and email, and once approved, ordering and arranging student transport for sport excursions, trips and other school activities.
- Assist with human resources tasks for school support staff, including printing of timesheets, leave applications and rosters. Perform a variety of other administrative or support services for school support staff, including printing of timesheets, leave applications and rosters, assisting with arranging approved relief for school support staff as directed.
- Administer day to day financial matters (e.g. process payments and orders, receipting, banking, reconciling invoices for payment, follow-up on late payments as directed by Principal or Business Manager. Input and export financial data to/from OneSchool.
Please view the Role Description for a full list of duties.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of school operations, standards and work processes.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience, and ability to use enterprise systems and web based applications.
- Ability to communicate with empathy and influence in order to address problems and obtain cooperation and assistance in meeting required objectives.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume (maximum 2 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a brief letter (maximum 1 page) telling us why you are interested in this role. This should not be a re-statement of your resume and does not require you to respond to each of the attribute areas; it is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, highlighting your transferable skills and experience including what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
* Salary details are calculated without bonus and monthly payout as per tax bracket without tax
threshold and other allowances. Its always good to confirm these details with the employer or
Apply for Administrative Officer (AAEP), Thornlands State School
You Don't Have
ACN: 643 516 241 | ABN: 56 643 516 241