Administrative Services Officer Class 2
The Canberra Hospital, Garran ACT
Kathleen Tate 51243028 Kathleen.email@example.com
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Under current Public Health Emergency Directions all Canberra Health Services staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In order to be eligible for employment with Canberra Health Services you will be required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 by way of a Vaccination Certificate or provision of an authorised exemption, for consideration. Please ensure you include this information with your application documentation.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
This position assists the Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine with general reception duties, in addition to the reporting and data entry requirements of the Department. Under the direction of the Office Manager, you will assist with front desk duties, booking and scheduling of appointments and procedures, data entry and distribution of results and provide general office support as required.
Outpatient Services (Ambulatory Care) includes all health services provided without the need for admission to hospital. A wide range of services are offered in Medicine Ambulatory Care settings including assessment and follow up appointments which allow clients to better manage acute and chronic conditions while reducing the reliance on hospitals.
Under direction of the Department of Respiratory and Sleep Office Manager you will perform. You will:
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager provide accurate data entry services for patient’s respiratory procedure results into Canberra Health Systems information management systems. Maintain up to date patient demographics within these systems and assist with the distribution of patient results to General Practitioners, Specialists and Medical Records.
- Assist in the administration of patient management including, but not limited to receiving, bookings and rescheduling.
- Ensure official records are maintained in accordance with the ACT Territory Records Act 2002 and other relevant policies and procedures and undertake data entry within various IT programs.
- Knowledge of the Medical Benefits Schedule and ability to apply this knowledge into practice.
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section with the delivery of high-quality person and family centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
No relevant qualifications or minimal level of experience is required.
Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resumé and experience:
- Proven good communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to provide reception services and a wide range of administrative support functions in an organised manner.
- Proven ability to manage a diverse range of duties as an individual and as part of a team to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated good keyboard skills and experience in the use of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Office programs and experience in using information technology systems to deliver an efficient customer service while adhering to IT and records management policies.
- A demonstrated understanding of, or willingness to learn the principles of the Medical Benefits Schedule and apply this knowledge into practice.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, Work, Health, and Safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of Reliable, Progressive, Respectful, and Kind.
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current resumé, and
- A response to the selection criteria under “What You Require”.
Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.