Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
The Justice Health Services, Dhulwa Mental Health Unit (DMHU) and Gawanggal Mental Health Unit (GMHU) provides high quality inpatient mental health care to people from 18 to 65 years of age.
The Dhulwa Mental Health Unit (DMHU) provides 24-hour, forensic mental health care for people who require secure inpatient treatment. DMHU provides a therapeutic and recovery-based approach, focused on individually tailored treatment programs to maximise mental health care outcomes for patients. The service aims to provide collaborative care involving the person, their carers, and other key services.
Gawanggal Mental Health Unit (GMHU) is a specialist mental health facility adjacent to Calvary Hospital in Bruce. GMHU sits within the Stepped Care Model of mental health care, providing medium term residential care for people who require rehabilitation and support to transition from DMHU into the community setting. The GMHU provides a range of contemporary, community focused rehabilitation interventions, programs and services.
DMHU offers 10 acute care beds and 15 rehabilitation beds and the GMHU has 10 beds for community transition.
Reporting to the Administration Manager it is expected that in this position you will provide administrative support to the clinical team with a focus on providing quality customer service. All staff are required to undertake professional development activities, and participate in supervision, quality initiatives and contribute to the multidisciplinary team processes.ABOUT YOU
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.Behavioural Capabilities
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive with a commitment to achieving positive outcomes.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs
- Sensitivity and understanding with a non-judgemental attitude
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Knowledge of Canberra Health Service internal software packages
- Current driver’s licence is preferred but not mandatory
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.