Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
Adult Acute Mental Health Services (AAMHS) currently incorporates the Adult Mental Health Unit (AMHU), the Mental Health Short Stay Unit (MHSSU) and the Consultation Liaison (CL) Team across the Emergency Department and The Canberra Hospital (TCH). A project to refurbish 12b is underway and will provide a further 10 low dependency acute inpatient beds. This project is due for completion mid-2021.
AMHU is a 40-bed inpatient Facility comprised of a High Dependency Unit (HDU) and Low Dependence Unit (LDU) for people experiencing moderate to severe mental illness. AMHU is a contemporary evidence-based service providing high quality mental health care, guided by the principles of Recovery. The service aims to provide collaborative care involving the patient, their carers and other key services. MHSSU is a low dependency six bed inpatient unit in the Emergency Department (ED) for people requiring extended mental health assessment and or treatment initiation.
The Rostering Assistant reports to the Adult Acute Mental Health Administration Manager and provides rostering support to the Nursing staff for all Adult Acute Mental Health Services Inpatient Units
It is expected in this position you will Assist the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) with the daily nurse staffing within AAMHS inpatient units and other related administrative duties This includes the provision of high-quality customer service to the consumers and staff.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are encouraged to apply.
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
- Experience within a health administration area.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of PROACT (staff rostering and allocation system).
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases
Assist the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) with the daily nurse staffing with in AAMHS inpatient units by:
- Ensuring ProAct (staff rostering and allocation system) is kept up to date with:
o All daily rostering amendments for the nursing roster.
o Nurses Registration information.
o Planned and unplanned leave.
What You Require
- Liaising with the shift co-ordinators to provide backfill
- Prepare daily deployment sheets for all AAMHS inpatient units
- Assisting the NUM to arrange backfill for unplanned leave
- Assisting the NUM with HR and payroll enquiries and where necessary liaise with Shared Services and the Nurse Information Management Systems (NIMS) Unit.
- Provide reports on leave, attendance and payroll enquires when requested and maintain and manage relevant record keeping practices.
- As required by the Administration Manager, provide other administration support i.e. reception duties including high- quality customer focused service and provide secretariat support for meetings as required.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resumé and experience:
1. Proven ability to work under minimal direction, providing high-quality administrative assistance to the Administration Manager and Nurse Unit Manager, AAMHS inpatient units.
2. Proven experience providing support for high volume rostering of nursing staff within an Acute Adult Mental Health Service inpatient setting.
3. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and follow up correspondence, reports and documentation as necessary as part of the provision of effective administration support.
4. Demonstrate sound human resource knowledge in order to provide support including assisting with recruitment, retention and termination of employees
5. Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current resumé, and a response to the Selection Criteria under What You Require” in no more than two pages. Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work