As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Business Support Officer provides a high level of administrative support to staff within the business unit.
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Government purchasing qualifications (level 1).
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high standard of word processing and administrative support services, including research for and preparation of correspondence, minutes, reports, presentations and other materials in accordance with the Departmental Style Guide.
- Utilise databases to create, update and maintain training and skills maintenance records, track progress of correspondence and other business unit activities.
- Undertake general office duties, including filing, faxing, photocopying, incoming and outgoing mail, and the maintenance of office equipment, resources and supplies.
- Coordinate and organise meetings, training courses, workshops and travel itineraries including catering, travel and accommodation bookings.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of financial documentation.
- Liaise with team members, other business units and external stakeholders to support key processes and procedures and the delivery of business unit outcomes.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of administrative procedures to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Work autonomously using a high level of initiative and self-motivation to assist in the efficient and effective management of the office and resolve issues.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the "key accountabilities" for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream - Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES core values:
- LoyaltyThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.