Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology. Lockheed Martin is a leader in Australia’s National Security, and our collaboration with Australian industry spans the Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains. We employ approximately 100,000 staff worldwide, and over 1000 staff in Australia across multiple locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
We are currently inviting applications for a Data Management Support Officer to join the SEA5000 Hunter Class Frigate (HCF) Program. This position will report to, and assist the Government Furnished Material (GFM) Manager in the effective delivery of the Program to ensure contractual GFM requirements are met. This position is available on a full time permanent basis, located in Osborne, South Australia and offers genuine worklife balance, working only 9 days each fortnight.
The Data Management Support Officer will perform the following tasks and activities;
- Support the GFM Manager to deliver in accordance with the GFM Management Plan for the timely delivery of the GFM deliverables
- Process all GFM requests and transfers to ensure conformance to all relevant agreements and processes
- Support the coordination the evaluation of GFM deliveries, from the Commonwealth of Australia (CoA), for quality and content
- Assist with the assessment and reporting of GFM risks affecting delivery of HCF Program scope
- Represent and coordinate regular GFM meetings between the HCF Program and the CoA when the GFM Manager cannot attend
- Working with the Engineering Leads (Platform and Combat Systems), plan for and prepare the schedule for future acceptance and receipt of GFM during later program stages
- Supervision of GFM data administration, transmittal and receipts for the HCF Program
- Reporting GFM status internally and externally as required including management of GFM maturity metrics
- Support delivery of Contract Change Proposals affected by GFM
- Support the transfer of GFM management practice and processes into the HCF Program team
To be successful in securing this position you will have;
- Significant experience with Document Editing/Publishing Tools
- Prior experience in a Data Management role
- Substantial experience gathering and reporting metrics
- Experience managing export controlled data
- Experience working within a Defence environment and managing secure/sensitive data
- Experience in managing dependencies in a complex project environment
- Intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications
- Knowledge and experience with Configuration and Data Management tools
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 or reinstatable NV1. Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.
What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Genuine work/life flexibility including a 9-day, compacted fortnight (every other Friday off)
- Membership to Destination Discounts – that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Salary packaging for car leasing
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.