Deswik is a global mining software and consultancy company headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. From our humble roots as a small Brisbane start-up 13 years ago, today we are a major global player in the mining technology space, with 12 offices worldwide.
Every person in our ever-expanding company is celebrated for the unique value they bring to our team. We don’t work crazy hours and we pride ourselves on our supportive, goal-driven work environment and flat management structure.
We know our people are what make us great, so we’re always excited to hire awesome people to join our team – that’s where you come in!We are searching for a bright, energetic and self-starting Office Administrator to join our Head Office Administration Team on a permanent full-time basis.As our Office Administrator, you will:
- Manage our front office, including reception, liaising with couriers and suppliers, and carrying out administration support
- Manage the day-to-day running of the office, including catering, stationery and bar/kitchen ordering, facilities management and maintaining office standards
- Oversee and manage travel arrangements for staff and liaise with travel suppliers
- Coordinate internal and external company events, including staff parties, charity initiatives, board meetings and conferences
- Liaise with our international offices and gain exposure to our global operations
- Support our software licensing function (don’t worry – we’ll show you the ropes once you start!)
As a major global player in the competitive market for mining engineering technology, we offer our team:
What we’re looking for:Soft skills:
- Highly competitive salaries+ twice-yearly bonuses + equity options
- Stable 9-5 working hours and work/life balance
- A relaxed, fun team culture where we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- A workplace where we look after our people – we know that a happy and healthy team leads to a more productive work environment
- A social work environment with lots to get involved in – from charity initiatives to our weekly ‘runners club’, office pool competition, cycling events and much more!
- Trust and autonomy in their roles – we hire smart people and we treat them like adults!
- Highly organised
- Friendly and approachable
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Great time-management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Our nice-to-have list:
- Administration experience (5+ years preferred; however, excellent candidates with less experience will be considered)
- Experience arranging and organising travel for staff
- Experience performing office management duties
Applications that we use (experience with these systems will be highly regarded but is not essential):
- Experience managing and coordinating external and internal events
- Experience in facilities management (including liaising with building management)
- Software licensing experience
If you are an energetic people person with strong administration experience and are keen to learn and expand your skills in a global company, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!**PLEASE NOTE: If you would like your application to be considered, please include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.**Please note: at this time, we are only considering applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents.We are not working with any external recruitment partners to fill this role. If a recruitment agency has advised you they presented you to Deswik for consideration, please be aware we have not accepted your application and you are not currently being considered for a role with Deswik. Please feel free to call us on (07) 3292 2711 for a confidential discussion if you are unsure whether your application is currently being considered.
- CRM and/or admin type systems
- Excel and Word
348 Edward St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
+61 7 3292 2700
If you’re interested in joining the Deswik family, we’d love to hear from you.
* Salary details are calculated without bonus and monthly payout as per tax bracket without tax
threshold and other allowances. Its always good to confirm these details with the employer or
Apply for Office Administrator
You Don't Have
ACN: 643 516 241 | ABN: 56 643 516 241