Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Develop, implement and monitor relevant projects aimed at inclusion activities to increase community cohesion, capacity and sense of belonging. Work directly with migrants in transition, community, business and government partners to generate economic and civic participation and capacity building opportunities.
What you will bring
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the community sector
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including program development, implementation and evaluation
- Proven stakeholder engagement and partnership development skills
- Experience in increasing the capacity of others through development and training work
- A sound understanding of the principles of social cohesion
- Demonstrated experience in the migration policy and/or service context, including a sensitive awareness of the experience of people impacted by migration – particularly in relation to social cohesion
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and negotiating skills
- Proficient in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases
- A Working with Vulnerable People check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Julie Groome on 0429 046 454
Participation and Inclusion - Project Officer.pdf