The Australia Defence Force (ADF) Health Services contract allows Bupa to provide health support to 85,000 ADF personnel across 59 facilities. This includes the delivery of an integrated workforce providing health services such as primary and occupational healthcare, dental, physiotherapy, mental health and psychology services, pharmacy, occupational rehabilitation and health administration. As well pathology, imaging and radiology, vocational rehabilitation, mental health, hospital, specialist, allied health, patient transport and other off base services enabled by Bupa systems.
Reporting to the National Workforce Manager, a permanent full time opportunity for a Regional Partnership Manager has become available, ideally based out of Canberra. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing integrated and seamless end-to-end health support to eligible ADF personnel provided through Bupa, contracted third parties and a dedicated provider network. The role is accountable for proactive relationship management with Joint Health Command and the ADFHSC management team to ensure all elements of the financial, operational and clinical quality and safety of the service.
Please note, this role will require regular travel throughout the ACT and Southern NSW.
How will I help?
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Joint Health Command (JHC) and regional JHUs to understand challenges and opportunities to continually improve service delivery
- Provide regional leadership and management, anticipate and manage issues whilst promoting productive, collaborative working relationships
- Manage clinical governance concerns raised, healthcare complaints and clinical incidents, health, safety and environment issues raised by the relevant JHU in collaboration with Governance and risk and contract management
- Liaise with commercial and contract management to provide contractor feedback to ensure high performance aligned to JHC expectations
- Provide feedback and visibility to the relevant JHU on the progress and occupational implications of health services provided to Eligible Personnel to manage welfare and capability
- Implement and embed continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Attend monthly contract meetings and provide visibility of performance, key insights and recommend opportunities for improvement in partnership with the relevant Joint Health Unit
What’s in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary and a range of Bupa benefits, you’ll be challenged and encouraged to innovate. You will collaborate strongly with colleagues who are committed to delivering exceptional experiences. We trust, respect and consider everyone, knowing your difference will make the difference.
- Professional Development – participate in Bupa directed programs and pursue activities to promote your own professional development
- Discount on our health insurance, travel, car, home, contents and pet insurance products as well as Bupa services such as Dental and Optical
What do I need?
- Business degree at post-graduate level or working towards the same preferred. Qualifications in healthcare are advantageous
- Significant proven experience managing large scale operating environments in a commercial setting
- Experience in delivery of services to meet agreed contractual obligations and SLAs
- Experience leading and inspiring a team of direct and indirect reports
- Proven experience in regional management with strong operations and relationship management focus
- Effective time management, resource planning and general operations experience
- Ability to travel regularly
- You must be an Australian citizen and be able to attain and maintain a baseline security clearance from the Defence security and vetting service.
What is it like to work there?
Bupa is a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, and our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. In Australia, we help to take care of people through our leading health insurance services as well as providing a personalised approach to care through our modern Dental clinic network, our Bupa Optical stores, Bupa Medical Visa services and over 70 Bupa Aged Care Homes. Bupa Therapy, along with our Medical and Wellbeing Centre provide a multidiscipline approach to care.
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.