- Leverage your business development skills focusing on new to bank Small Medium Enterprise Customers.
- Build, retain and manage relationships and work closely with Suncorp’s Business Connect Team;
- South East Qld location
The purpose of the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Banking Manager – Business Development is to support the Manager SME - Business Development in delivering to the Customer strategy and will focus on providing value for SME business customers, connecting customers to Suncorp products and improving the team’s revenue and growth through service excellence to existing and new to Bank Customers. The role will be required to source new to bank customers and help existing SME business customers.
- Source and onboard new to Group business to grow our SME Business lending portfolio.
- Achieve Disbursement targets to help achieve overall Suncorp SME lending balance sheet growth and other financial targets set.
- Be responsible for the preparation of quality credit submissions and action credit proposals by approving within Delegated Credit Authority (DCA) levels or referring to appropriate DCA holders for submissions beyond DCA levels.
- Maximise the visibility of the Suncorp Group brand throughout the area by actively and positively promoting the company at public events.
- Achieve audit and compliance objectives with corporate policies and procedures, as well as complying with industry code of practice and legislative requirements.
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with Suncorp’s Risk Appetite Statement, and to achieve an appropriate risk adjusted return for the transaction.
- Ability to analyse financial statements and prepare credit submissions, including the identification of key risks.
- Collaborate with peers in the team and the wider Business Customer teams to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Wellbeing culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, commerce or finance is highly desirable
- Extensive experience building and maintaining relationships with Commercial customers and Finance Brokers;
- Proven Business Development acumen;
- Experience in financial services;
- Experience analysing data and identifying key risks;
- Experience developing the culture of a team;
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition)
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-20 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working within the Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for the fourth consecutive year (2018-2021)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
Advertised: 10 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 24 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time