The NSW Department of Education provides, funds and regulates education services for NSW students from early childhood to secondary school, delivering world-class education through its public schools and providing funding support to non-government schools. We employ, develop and support teachers, leaders and other staff to deliver the best outcomes for students and to advance the wellbeing of Aboriginal people.
About the Role
A School Administrative Officer provides administrative, financial and student welfare/wellbeing support and assistance in relation to office and classroom activities, including but not limited to the following school settings: the office, sick bay, library, science laboratory, and food technology/kitchen areas.
- Working with Children Check Clearance
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake First Aid training.
- Administration of Medications – training to be provided based on student needs.
Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Administration skills including a knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with teachers and students.
- Ability to perform tasks in one or more of the following areas: office procedures; accounting procedures; sick bay; hospitality and /or design and technology; science.
How to Apply
If there are targeted questions, you must respond to these (maximum 300 words) and include in your covering letter.
Note: It is a requirement that all applicants submit their applications online on iworkfor.nsw.gov.au. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.