The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical speciality of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking to appoint a Social Media and Communications Officer to join our Bi-national Offices and Professional Practice Department.
Reporting to the Senior Media and Communications Advisor, this key role has a primary responsibility to support and develop the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist’s (RANZCP’s) growing social media and communications activities in line with the strategic priorities to grow the profile of the RANZCP, promote the role of psychiatrists as leaders in mental health care, increase public awareness about the profession of psychiatry and build member engagement.
This role has a specific focus to:
- Co-ordinate, moderate, administer and grow the reach of the College’s
social media platforms.
- Work closely with all Australian Branches, New Zealand National Office and other RANZCP business units to develop and implement social media strategies and campaigns that assist with influencing policy and funding psychiatrists and mental health in all jurisdictions.
- Develop and implement social media strategies around growing the reach and influence of the RANZCP, to build engagement with members and for specific campaigns and events.
- Monitor other social media accounts in the mental health care sector and leverage opportunities to grow the profile of the RANZCP, promote the role of psychiatrists as leaders in mental health care, and increase public awareness about psychiatry.
Work collaboratively with all business units to develop content and repurpose for social media.
- Developing, coordinating, and reviewing content for social media and news items on the website and perform website updates as required.
- Keep up-to-date calendar of events for social media and media opportunities to promote RANZCP, psychiatrists, and psychiatry.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant professional experience in communications and social media.
- Experience using Hootsuite is well regarded but not essential.
- Experience in a membership-based organisation, or in the health/mental health sector would be highly regarded.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in communications, public relations, or journalism is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement social media campaigns that can engage audiences and grow the reach and profile of organisation's causes, or people.
- Ability to use sound judgement in representing the RANZCP on social media.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and respond to complex issues.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise workload, adapt to changing demands and ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, and the capacity to work independently with limited supervision.
Why work with RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Staff service recognition program
- Employee Assistance program
- 37.5 hour working week
All applications must be forwarded via Expr3ss link and include a resume with a cover letter addressing the Experience/qualification and Individual capabilities in the PD to be considered for the position.
Applications close on Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.