The key focus of the Consultant role is to provide a high level of claims management service to injured workers and their employers. Specifically, you will partner with the employer, injured worker, health care providers and other service providers, handling the entire claims process for a portfolio of employers. The aim is to return injured workers back to health and work, whilst also working to reduce scheme liabilities through making appropriate liability decisions.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of claims through the development of key strategies to effectively reduce liabilities
- Support workers and employers with ongoing case management and injury management strategies including timely reimbursement of entitlements
- Deliver timely claim closures through effective case conferencing and completion of associated actions
- Ensure adherence to CGU work practices in support of case management
- Become part of a harmonious team focused on achieving performance excellence
Skills & Experience
- Strong customer service (essential)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills (essential)
- Workers Compensation Claims management experience or an understanding of injury and claims management concepts (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to make decisions within company guidelines
- The confidence to engage and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders including injured workers, employers, medical practitioners and service providers
- The ability to understand and apply relevant legislation
- The ability to manage your time effectively to prioritise tasks and complete work within specific time frames
- An ability to work well within a team environment and work with initiative
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
Ready for Anything? Let’s Talk
Start your career journey with us Applications close on Thursday 7th July 2022.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.