Accounts Officer – Customer Finances and Accounts Payable
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 per annum
- Full time position
- Mosman Park Location
Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services, offering choice and independence to thousands of children and adults living with disability in Western Australia.
Now is an exciting time to join Rocky Bay and be part of the disability sector. We are a multi-service business that is undergoing significant change as a result of the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
About the role:
As our Accounts Officer – Customer Finances and Accounts Payable, you will provide clerical and administrative support to the Rocky Bay customers for whom we manage their finances, plus general transactional support to the finance team including accounts payable, staff reimbursements and petty cash.
The Rocky Bay finance team manages the finances of approximately 100 customers totalling $3million. This involves the processing and reporting of income and expenses for each customer. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Customer Finances
- Reconcile customer finance ledgers in the finance system ensuring all recharges, receipts, and payments are recorded and balanced.
- Review supporting documentation relating to customer expenditure and record in the accounting system.
- Prepare monthly income and expense reports for sending to customers /families /trustees /guardians
- Review and monitor customer bank balances and take action as appropriate (transfers, return of funds, requesting additional funds)
- Funds transfers
- Reconcile general ledger control accounts relating to cash transfers
- Coordinate the transfer of funds from Company and customer bank accounts to group homes for petty cash and client cash respectively
- Petty Cash reimbursements
- Review petty cash returns and supporting documentation for petty cash transactions from other locations
- Load all petty cash transactions into the financial system via journal
- Administer and record petty cash transactions at Mosman Park
- Accounts Payable
- Process supplier invoices into the financial system
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Administer Company credit card system
- Liaise with operations and admin staff from other sites to provide guidance and identify improvements on processes
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be an accounts ‘all-rounder’ or a bookkeeper.
- Minimum three years’ experience in accounts payable or receivable, bank reconciliations and reporting
- Competence in using business accounting software.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service, both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work constructively and positively in a finance team.
- Willingness to be accountable and offer recommendations for improvements to processes.
- Current Driver’s licence
- Evidence of current influenza & COVID vaccinations
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
In return, Rocky Bay offers:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Free on-site car parking
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply.
We will commence the recruitment process immediately. Please note that all pre-qualification questions must be answered for your application to be considered.
To view the position description click this link