Support the implementation and delivery of the Young Adult Program within the Community Development Program in Nhulunbuy
About the role
Under the direction of the Site Manager and whilst empowering Yolngu Supervisors, meet program guidelines and generate and run meaningful and engaging activities for Young Adults engaged in the Community Development Program to improve their quality of life and facilitate their mutual obligations.About ALPA
We are the Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA) and our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service, and safety.
Having been in operations for nearly 50 years, from humble beginnings, we have grown to be Australia's largest financially independent Indigenous corporation, employing over 1,000 employees across 27 remote locations throughout NT and QLD. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Assist in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of remote employment and community development activities for young adults.
- Undertake administrative activities required for working with vulnerable people, training and development, travel, and reporting.
- Provide physical and administration support to the CDP site including preparation, cleaning, equipment preparation, consumables preparation, safety briefings, stock control, purchasing,
logistics, rostering, maintenance, and coordination.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Supervisors, and assist them to obtain the development, equipment, and consumables required for them to deliver activities in a safe and supported environment.
- Work with Supervisors to maximise participant attendance by identifying and addressing barriers to participation.
- After developing relationships and consulting with the CDP team, participants and community members engage in the development process for bringing forward new ideas, plans, and concepts into an expanded range of CDP activities.
COVID – 19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement for all new ALPA employees from 01 November 2021.Benefits
- Qualifications and/or work experience in Youth Work, Social Work, Education or Employment Services.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using electronic systems for financial reporting and stock control.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills including proficient written and oral communication skills that can be adapted to meet the needs of people from all education levels, language abilities, and ethnic origin.
- The capacity to link daily activities to the ALPA values and mission.
- An ability to obtain and maintain an NT driving license.
- Competitive base salary
- 12% super + 7 weeks annual leave pro-rata
- Salary Packaging options available
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
- EAP Services
All applications will be treated confidentially and only those with the rights to work full time in Australia will be considered.ALPA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We also encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.Please contact the recruitment team via
email@example.com for any further information.