We have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our Projects team.
As part of the legal support team, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Practice Management Assistant and Legal Assistant to provide entry level administrative support to legal and business services staff to enhance the client experience.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and accurate support to Practice Management Assistant and Legal Assistant with administrative support needs.
- Deliver high quality, accurate work whilst managing deadlines, responding to change and the competing priorities of all work.
- Meet required deadlines and negotiate alternate timeframes when necessary.
- Scan, print or photocopy relevant documents as and when required by the relevant practice group support colleague or Lawyer.
- Liaise with business services and other services to coordinate urgent mail and courier requests.
- Develop and maintain a robust file management system for all electronic and hard copy documents.
- Provide ad hoc support to the group or division such as dealing with incoming mail, answering the telephone, amending documents and any other administrative duties.
- Assist Lawyers with expenses such as coding, currency requests and expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Assist with updating client information and relevant databases, following Practice Management Assistant, Legal Assistant or Lawyer instructions in a timely manner (eg, InterAction).
- Prepare files for archiving and manage return and retrieval of files following firm guidelines.
- Assist with internal and external practice group events and functions.
- Adhere to firm, office and practice group policies and procedures, including those that are formal, informal, documented or verbal.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure you are aware of correct procedures.
- Maintaining inquisitive, collaborative and vigilant work habits, keeping abreast of changes and developing more efficient work processes.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactivity in the workplace, including participating in and contributing to team meetings and activities, firm initiatives, learning and development sessions and other relevant activities.
- Take responsibility for your own learning, undertake recommended training, keep up to date and comply with firm policies, adopt new or improved firm and practice group recommended work practices, and share information with others about better ways of working.
- Comply with WHS obligations and responsibilities in accordance with the requirements for this role as set out on the intranet.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Typing speed minimum of 45wpm with 90% accuracy.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to building effective and trusting relationships with people internally and external to the firm.
- Previous office experience preferred.
GROUP / TEAM
GROUP / TEAM DESCRIPTION
The legal support team provides the practical support our lawyers need so they can deliver the best possible service to our clients. The role of our assistants is critical in assisting our people to perform at the highest level. The team provides high-quality support to partners and throughout our practice areas. This ranges from providing administrative support and diary management to producing a wide range of complex documents. Our legal support team also plays a client-facing role as our assistants are typically in regular contact with our clients on behalf of lawyers.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We aim to have a diverse, innovative culture where high performance, client focus and highly engaged people are our differentiator and where we celebrate the uniqueness of our people. Our firm is made up of people with a range of experience and backgrounds. We strive to ensure that our inclusive environment means our people feel valued and able to perform at their best by being their authentic selves at work. We know that our future success not only depends on being innovative and progressive in the changing legal market but, most importantly, on our people feeling engaged.
Herbert Smith Freehills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent