The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical speciality of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Education & Training Department.
The Administrative Assistant, Training will be responsible for the provision of administrative support to the RANZCP Training team. Duties include, but are not limited to, data entry, processing applications to enter the Fellowship Program, ensuring compliance with the relevant Regulations and Policies, the provision of information and support to relevant stakeholders and team members in relation to the Fellowship program and Certificates of Advanced Training, provision of support for committees management and administrative assistance as required.
This role has a specific focus to:
- Adherence to all relevant Training policies and procedures, contribute to any required review and development of policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Processing of break in training applications and ensuring trainee billing is accurate.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to resolve errors with trainees’ records and submitted forms.
- Attending to general administrative tasks associated with records management including filing, data entry, and addressing inquiries in relation to Fellowship Program.
- Undertake database audits to ensure the accuracy of information and compliance with Regulations and Policies.
- Provision of administrative support to the Training team and Training Coordinator.
- Escalation of errors identified with IT systems and any associated issues that require resolution.
- Developing and maintaining an expert understanding of College training regulations and requirements.
- Provision of clear and accurate information and advice to the Manager, Training and Development, Training Co-ordinator, trainees, Fellows, committee members, Directors of Training, prospective applicants, and general enquirers as required and as appropriate.
- Provide support and troubleshooting to members using the RANZCPs training administration system (InTrain).
- Contribute to the development and revision of Standard Operating Procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- A sound knowledge of administrative principles and practice, including a record
of exemplary customer service.
- Experience and/or understanding of student administration environment.
- Capacity to develop an understanding of RANZCP Fellowship regulations and ensure
adherence and implementation of these.
- Understanding or knowledge of Specialist Medical Colleges and Fellowship
Training, or post-graduate medical education and training.
- Proven ability to consistently complete process and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and
also collaboratively as part of a team.
- Genuine commitment to providing high quality customer service to internal and
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to undertake numerous
tasks concurrently, establish priorities, and to work to tight or competing
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to plan, set priorities, and to
meet deadlines, with the flexibility to alter priorities to meet challenging demands.
- Well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office.
Why work with RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Staff service recognition program
- Employee Assistance program
- Staff Socialisation programs
For more information on the College benefits, please visit www.ranzcp.org.
All applications must be forwarded via Expr3ss link and include a resume with a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for the position. Please refer to the PD for the KSC information.
Applications close on Monday, 5 April 2021
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.