Mater is committed to creating an organisational culture that values safety, identifies system vulnerabilities, and clearly integrates risk, quality and safety functions and activities. An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Administration officer who specialises in Quality and Safety to join the team on a Full time, 12-month fixed term contract.
This position reports directly to the Quality and Safety Manager, Mater Private Hospital Brisbane and is responsible for activities relating to quality and safety management and accreditation across the hospital/services, which are essential to the licensing, service level agreements and contracts. The position will be embedded within the services it works with, responsible for all aspects of clinical quality and safety for that service.
With a focus on quality systems, consumer experience and managing clinical risk/safety this role will work collaboratively with staff and managers/clinicians to ensure quality governance systems are in place, clinical risk frameworks are functioning effectively, and there is a continuous improvement cycle in the delivery of high-quality healthcare.
Salary range: $38.87 - $42.83 (MCA Level 4) plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain the information for safety and quality data in SEQ so that Mater has access to all relevant quality and safety information as directed by the Quality and Safety Managers. This may include Microsoft Teams and Planner, Intranet, Mater document management systems and other key databases / IT solutions.
- Maintain manual data sets in SEQ where required to support the effective measurement of safety and quality.
- Support the transaction of data sets in SEQ from safety and quality systems and facilitate their integration into other IT platforms and systems as directed by the Quality and Safety Managers.
- Work with Quality and Safety teams and operational teams across Mater SEQ to develop and maintain solutions, business rules and data processes that improve the reliability and retention of clinical governance and reporting documentation.
- Support Quality and Safety teams in SEQ to establish and maintain solutions for education and learning, quality improvement processes and research.
- Assist in managing the data in SEQ required to facilitate clinical indicators, clinical data registries, patient reported experience measures and outcomes, and support the implementation of different solutions for Mater’s cohort of patients, families and carers.
- Support the coordination required to undergo accreditation within the relevant framework in SEQ under the direction of the Quality and Safety Managers, including coordinating work on and storage of relevant reports / materials required as evidence. This includes ensuring a consistent approach to version control on all documents, linked to Mater’s document management systems and related policies and procedures.
- Develop appropriate communication and networking with teams across SEQ to support their engagement in and knowledge of quality and safety activities across SEQ.
- Support the Quality and Safety teams in SEQ to prepare reports and meeting documents for Mater’s Committees and working groups as directed by the Quality and Safety Managers.
- Support the Quality and Safety teams in SEQ to maintain a high standard of secretariat function for Committee(s) and working groups as directed (e.g. minutes, meeting preparation).
- Maintain thorough documented “how to” guides or information on all processes and passwords utilised in completing the roles and responsibilities to ensure redundancy and succession planning in SEQ.
- Undertake any other administrative duties delegated or directed by the Quality and Safety Managers in SEQ.
- Experience in the healthcare sector;
- Hold a tertiary qualification (desirable)
- Proficient and highly developed skills in Microsoft applications and other databases/IT systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly reliable and organised to manage multiple demands.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties, organise and prioritise workflow to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate complex information.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills and ability to deal with conflict.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to self-initiate work solutions.
- Demonstrated skill in the analysis of complex issues, problem solving, formulating new approaches and supporting the implementation of change programs and improvement strategies.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, implementing and maintaining a quality management system and executing quality improvement measures;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems and organisational policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in risk and change management;
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th May 2021
How to apply
In submitting your application, please include a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this position and, the skills and experience you would bring to the role.