Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
The Division of Surgery is responsible for delivering inpatient and outpatients surgical and medical imaging services to the ACT and surrounding region. The Division includes Surgical Bookings and Pre-Admission Clinic, Anaesthesia, Pain Management Unit, Operating Theatres, Post-Anaesthetic Care Unit, Day Surgery Unit and Admissions / Extended Day Surgery Unit, Medical Imaging, specialist surgical ward areas, medical and nursing Outpatient services, ACT Trauma Service, ICU, Capital Retrieval, Trauma and Orthopaedic Research Unit.
These Units are supported by administration support officers.
The successful applicant will be required to work effectively in the role of Administrative Support Officer for the Perioperative Unit. Duties would include high level administrative and secretariate assistance, diary management, coordination of sectional activities and undertake minor research and project tasks as required. A provision of high-quality customer service to patients and stakeholders who contact the Unit is required.
Under limited direction of the Operations Manager and the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), you will:
Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of perioperative processes and experience working with ACTPAS and Microsoft Office Suite would be advantageous.
Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in alignment to the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Proven ability to provide high level organisational and administrative support within a busy environment, including the ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
2. Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
3. Demonstrated high-level computer skills including data input and the maintenance of data integrity. Including experience with the use of ACTPAS and Microsoft Office applications.
4. Demonstrated ability to apply or willingness to learn the application of policies, procedures and audit processes.
5. Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current resumé, and a pitch of no more than two pages outlining your skills, knowledge and experience and why you should be considered for this role. You should take into consideration the selection criteria under “what you require” when drafting your response.
Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.
|Salary Type||Normal Wages|