School Infrastructure NSW (SINSW) is delivering new school buildings, major upgrades and maintenance strategies to ensure every school-aged child has access to high quality education facilities at their local public school. This encompasses the largest investment in public education infrastructure in the history of NSW.
The Design and Technical Standards (DaTS) team within SINSW are tasked with managing the Education Facilities Standards and Guidelines, providing project design review and developing innovative design solutions for schools across NSW. We are a dynamic team of architects and design professionals with a passion for ensuring schools are designed appropriately and in compliance with standards.
Provide administrative support services to facilitate the effective operation of the unit. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Team organisation and programming
- Coordinating governance processes
- Drafting and submission of Briefing Notes for Executive/Ministerial endorsement
- Collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
About the Department of Education
We ensure young children get the best start in life by supporting and regulating the early childhood education and care sector. We are the largest provider of public education in Australia with responsibility for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
For more information about the Department of Education, please visit NSW Department of Education
How to apply
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all candidates including people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all diversity groups, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual orientation.
Note: the selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following documents and your employment may be subject to the Department’s Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Proof of Identity information
Informed Consent Form
Declaration for non-child work
- Please provide a short description of a time when you had to coordinate multiple stakeholders with competing interests and preferences. How did you go about ensuring all parties needs were considered when developing the final recommendation? (300 words maximum)
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.
For enquiries about this role,
contact Krista McMaster, R/Director, Design and Technical Standards, Business Enablement Department of Education, at 0437 176 735
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A recruitment pool may be created through this recruitment process. A recruitment pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.