Seeking enthusiastic & energetic Business & Administration Coordinator who will work closely with the Principal in the day-to-day operations.
- Keen to combine your passion for education and social justice, whilst making a difference?
- Full time based in Richmond
- Close to public transport and onsite parking available
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
The Ignatius Learning Centre opened in Term 1 of 2021, initially enrolling approximately 20 young men, aged 15 – 17, offering the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) as the curriculum. Enrolling students for the first time in 2021, the Ignatius Learning Centre offers an education that fosters responsibility and transformation, and that engages young people who have had a severely disrupted education and are at significant risk of incarceration and/or further involvement with the youth justice system.
As a specialist Catholic Secondary School guided by a Catholic social ethos and Ignatian heritage, we will provide a holistic education, so that students can experience success in a safe and supportive environment. The Ignatius Learning Centre will enable students to restore hope, experience a sense of belonging, flourish and reach their potential.
About the role
Jesuit Social Services seeks an enthusiastic and energetic Business and Administration Coordinator within our Ignatius Learning Centre who will work closely with the Principal in the day-to-day operations of the school.
This will include duties such as:
- Ensure school NCCD funding targets
- Support Principal with funding submissions, grant applications and partnership proposals.
- Provide administrative support to the Principal, Leadership Team, Program areas and others as required.
- Work as part of a team and contribute as a positive team member to the ILC Leadership Team
- Perform the key VCAL administration role.
This is a full time position based in our Richmond office.
An attractive salary plus salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Behaviours and leadership which reflect, foster and uphold the organisation’s vision, mission, values and culture
- Experience in managing finances including budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements in a school environment
- Ability to write funding submissions, grant applications, and partnership proposals
- Experience in meeting compliance, business and administration requirements of the school.
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and have strong communication, administrative, organisation and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply confidentiality, discretion and exercise initiative in a demanding and time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity, professional standards and work ethic within an extremely challenging environment and with a unique cohort.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team and the organisation as a whole.
- Current driver’s licence
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Successfully completed Police Check which will be conducted prior to commencement by Jesuit Social Services.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits