People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 200 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
Deliver high performance standards around all aspects of coordinating freight acceptance and delivery procedures, meeting the requirements of our customers and maintaining health and safety and overall good working practices in accordance to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Provide exceptional Customer Service as per the Menzies and Airline specific standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively ensure the Cargo warehouse operates by the free flow of import and export cargo between our customers and our clients' aircraft and their customers.
- Perform customer service functions, i.e. cargo reservation bookings, track and trace, and quoting as required.
- Handle telephone and customer enquiries on all import/export cargo matters.
- Prepare airway bill documentation, information and manifests for flights.
- Check AWB data, rate charges, schedules and routings for freight.
- Process special handling, e.g. dangerous goods consignments, animals, human remains and perishables.
- Assist in locating lost, damaged and delayed shipments.
- Dispatch SITA telex messages on inbound / outbound cargo and mail.
- Perform bond checks
- Ensure appropriate rate charges are collected and accounted for.
- Prepare cargo claims files for settlement.
- Compile statistics for monthly reports.
- Collect cargo documentation from aircraft and procure necessary regulatory clearances.
- Control ULD's including compiling records and processing messaging to airline customers
- Carry out other duties as directed
Safety, Security and Compliance
All employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
- Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
Qualifications and Experience
- Respectful, supportive and friendly approach
- Clear and honest communication
- Passionate and driven
- Flexible and understanding of changing priorities and situations
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and focused
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.
Please click apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact [recruiters name] . The closing date for submissions is [date].