FTE 0.6 ( Permanent Part Time)
Job Reference No VAC1108
- $85,000 – $88,000 plus two generous salary packaging options
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Great Work/Life balance opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Social Worker to work in our Star Health Community Care Program.
This program provides an outreach service, Access, and Support (A&S), which assists people 50 years and over with complex health and social circumstances who are experiencing barriers to accessing appropriate services due to a range of diversity characteristics.
These may include:
- People suffering from dementia
- People residing in Insecure Housing or experiencing homelessness
- Financially disadvantaged
Service provision is outreach based and includes comprehensive assessment, service coordination, strong client advocacy, and approaches borrowed from a case management framework and the Social Model of Health. Networking with relevant service providers is an essential part of this autonomous role.
Join a dynamic skilled multidisciplinary team located across the municipalities of Stonnington and Port Phillip.
- Communication with the Star Health triage team to assist in the screening of relevant referrals and/or access
referrals via My Aged Care portal system.
- Using the specific A&S program eligibility criteria assess referrals for the service and admit to the program via the Star Health client information system (currently the Trakcare system).
- Provide an outreach service to people eligible for the A&S program.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of client needs in relation to immediate levels of support which include aspects of their diversity characteristics.
To be suitable for the role, you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or relevant Health or Welfare discipline
- 2 years post graduate tertiary qualification preferably in a community setting
- Significant experience with clients who possess diverse characteristics such as; those who may identify as ASTI, GLBTI, suffer from dementia, reside in Insecure Housing or are experiencing homelessness, from a CALD
background or are financially disadvantaged
- Significant experience in the delivery of relevant service coordination, advocacy and support to a disadvantaged and marginalised population with complex care needs. This may also include mental health, drug and alcohol and other health or disability issues
- Experience in outreach settings
- Ability to navigate a wide range of health, housing and welfare support services
- Clear understanding of the issues experienced by people who are marginalised
- A working knowledge and experience with referral systems and services such as My Aged Care (MAC), NDIS and HACC-PYP services
- Understanding of the funding streams such as Home and Community Care-Programs for Young People (HACC-PYP) and Commonwealth Home Support Programs (CHSP)
Ideally, you will possess:
- A professional qualification in Social Work
- Experience in Case Management and complex client care
- Demonstrated ability to comprehensive client assessment and care coordination
- Excellent knowledge of referral service pathways and My Aged Care
- A clear understanding of diversity characteristics that may impact access to health and welfare services
In return, we offer:
- The flexibility of working days/hours
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Great work/life balance opportunity
- Standard tax-free salary packaging amount (18,550 per annum)
- Great team culture
- Rewarding and valuable work
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/
to be directed
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, national criminal history and right to work check, proof of vaccinations, and working with children check.
For information about the role, please contact Tanya Richie, Coordinator Case Management on 03 9525 1300 or email the Coordinator – Case Management
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th Aug 2022
Please quote in application: Case Manager ( Access and Support ) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing