Coronial Investigation Officer
To manage coronial investigation files, prepare court documents and communicate with relevant parties for the Deputy State Coroner and the Coroners Court of QLD.
This role requires that you operate within a dynamic, demanding and often sensitive operational environment, while maintaining a high quality of output and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Case manage coronial investigation files for the Deputy State Coroner.
- Prepare coronial files, court, and other documents for the Deputy State Coroner's consideration, including briefs of evidence for inquests.
- Liaise with the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and police officers from other jurisdictions, other agencies, medical and legal practitioners, judicial and court staff, members of the public and family members in relation to the progression of a coronial matter.
- Sensitively communicate the coronial process to family members and other interested parties.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Deputy State Coroner, Queensland Coroners and Counsel Assisting.
- Maintain appropriate records in accordance with current court registry practices.
- Assist Coroners during court proceedings and other related duties, including the recording of evidence under the Recording of Evidence Act 1962.
- Contribute to the development of effective and efficient registry practices by advising the Coronial Support Coordinator about workload, procedures, and other administrative matters.
- Perform all duties as requested by the Coronial Support Coordinator.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
* Salary details are calculated without bonus and monthly payout as per tax bracket without tax
threshold and other allowances. Its always good to confirm these details with the employer or
Apply for Coronial Investigation Officer
You Don't Have
ACN: 643 516 241 | ABN: 56 643 516 241