Job ID: 590764
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Finance & Payroll, Project Management
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering large infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of power systems, renewable energy and transport infrastructure projects
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting into the Document Control Manager and in compliance with The Downer Standard (TDS), the Lead Document Controller will be responsible for all Power Systems and Renewables Projects on the East Coast (ie. Substations, Transmission Lines, Solar Farms, Wind Farms).
The projects are run out of a centralised mailbox and has a small team of Document Controllers who work across a variety of project types, DM systems and clients.
- Assist the centralised team with document processing to ensure deadlines are met and to stay familiar with project processes.
- Monitor resources and ensure the Document Control Manager is aware of any potential resourcing issues/requirements.
- Identify any learning gaps with the Document Controllers and ensure they receive guidance and training.
- Development and implementation of applicable sub procedures, processes and flowcharts for project teams as required.
- Provide solutions for process improvement to increase efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy.
- Will be the contact point for the Document Controllers to raise questions and has the confidence to make decisions. Will escalate questions to the Document Control Manager as required.
- Passionate about learning and delivering excellent results.
- Personable and approachable qualities. They will be a key representative who needs to represent the team and company in a positive manner and promote the benefits of Document Control.
- Their communication is simple, clear and easy to understand.
- Leads by example and happy to get their hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- Takes initiative to contact delivery partners, customers and site teams to ensure the project is running smoothly.
- Systems orientated and has a genuine passion for construction projects and understands the importance of having Document Management Systems in place.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 10+ years of experience within the Document Control space who has previously been in a lead position.
- Has worked across a variety of different projects from start to finish.
- Must understand the various project phases and how Document Control coordinates with other business functions.
- Must be proficient in InEight Document (TeamBinder), Aconex, SharePoint and the Microsoft 365 Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ideally has previous experience using SPF (Smart Plant Foundation).
- Exposure to Infrastructure projects highly desirable but not essential.
- Can build training presentations and present confidently.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A supportive and dynamic team environment which takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and well-being employee benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this opportunity, please use the link and apply online. Applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
For more information, please contact Jodie Saunders, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner on email@example.com before the closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume
To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
Closing Date: 26 May 2022 E. Australia Standard Time