We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently number 1,400 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
You'll form part of a highly skilled team performing 2nd/3rd level messaging systems support for the Defence environment, as part of the Centralised Processing (CP) program. You will work with the respective business technology groups to administer, support and manage existing messaging infrastructure deployments & functions.
This role can be based in either Clayton, VIC or Canberra, ACT.
Specifically you will perform a variety of activities which involve standard procedures for Citrix Systems requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of Systems Engineering and knowledge, which may include:
- IT Support for Messaging (Microsoft Exchange and/or Domino/Notes) solutions and advice on projects
- Operates as third level support for Messaging solutions and related-services
- Act as root cause driver to identify and remediate platform configuration issues or bugs
- Serve as operational 2nd/3rd level of escalation for Messaging solutions and related technologies
- Responsible for pro-active problem solving of Messaging issues capacity problems, tune Messaging environment to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Produce Messaging health check processes and methods required to reduce and eliminate Messaging issues effecting end users
- Lead resolution of specific issues and internal projects associated with assigned responsibilities for Messaging solution and technologies
- Assist with delivery of project deliverables of Messaging solution infrastructure implementations
- Act as a delegate Messaging SME where required
- Mentor and provide knowledge transfer and training to other Systems Administrators
- Participate in team on call roster and be available for early/late starts rosters to cover 7am – 7pm weekdays
- Managing problems and requests in line with the ITIL framework by utilising customised in-house toolsets;
- Producing and maintaining technical system documentation
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos’ objectives.
- Solid experience in complex Microsoft Exchange and/or Domino environments as a System Administrator/Engineer;
- Proficient experience with administering, configuring and monitoring complex multi-domain Messaging environments over a wide area network;
- Professional experience with operational support, complimented with technical project involvement in this area;
- Professional experience in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new Messaging based initiatives (Version Upgrades, Third-Party Solutions, and Integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Prior experience with Messaging health checks, preventive maintenance activities and documentation;
- Prior experience with on call, patching and after hours work under minimal or no supervision;
- Prior experience with service, incident, change and problem management and recording tools such as ServiceNow;
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2013 and higher, Office 365 desirable
- Lotus Domino Server v9 and higher experience desirable;
- Skype for Business Exchange integration experience desirable;
- Powershell and VB scripting desirable;
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV-2 security clearance.
At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. We have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.