This role offers an excellent opportunity to work in a Treasury dealing room environment and further develop your career.
Strategic Liquidity Specialist
The Treasury team at Suncorp Bank are currently seeking a Strategic Liquidity Specialist to be based in our Brisbane Head Office. This role will be responsible for providing Liquidity & Funding analysis and support to TALCO, BALCO and GALCO.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Balance Sheet Management you will play a key role in providing recommendations for strategic balance sheet management and financial engineering. This will include qualitative and quantitative forecasts and analysis of liquidity and funding risks and covers the entire Bank Balance Sheet presently $72 billion in size.
In addition to your technical expertise, highly developed relationship management and communication skills will be critical to engage, foster and promote effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Recommendations to Executive Management regarding implementation and strategic management of the Liquidity & Funding positions via management of the Tactical Funding Plan (TFP)
- Optimal settings of the balance sheet, including a compliant but optimal Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Liquid Asset Ratio and Net Stable Funding Ratio
- Production of liquidity management reports submitted to TALCO, BALCO & GALCO
- Maintain, review and update the Contingency Funding Plan in consultation with Treasury, Finance and Business Units
- Input and coordination of preparing materials to APRA for the Committed Liquidity Facility (CLF) and other regulatory materials for liquidity
- To provide back up to Manager, Cash and Collateral, where required, to manage the funding of the Banks Exchange Settlement Account (ESA) at the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) to ensure appropriate provisioning to meet the Bank’s payment obligations
What you’ll bring
To ensure success in this role you will be a strong communicator with the ability to promote and foster effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the business. You will have strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex issues that arise on a day to day basis. You will also possess the following:
- Degree qualifications in Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics or Commerce essential
- Minimum 5 + years experience within liquidity and funding risk management, financial markets and/or the financial industry essential
- Detailed understanding of banking products and operations with previous experience in treasury dealing room or financial markets
- Strong understanding of Basel III liquidity requirements (LCR / NSFR) and APRA APS210 Standard and their impact on the banking industry
- High level of problem solving skills, ability to identify key components of analysis and provide clear and concise reporting
- A high degree of computer literacy, in particular Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic proficiency
- Excellent time management, high attention to detail/accuracy, ability to work autonomously, but also contribute effectively within a high performing team environment
Advertised: 02 Aug 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 12 Aug 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time