The Student Academic Enquiries (UConnect Service Centre) is part of the Academic division which, delivers student enquiry, information, and communications through broad streams of activities. The UConnect Service Centres provide a welcoming 'one stop shop' for all domestic and international continuing students, responding to their first tier enquiries and connecting them to a wide range of student administration and advising services.
The Team Leader is responsible for the operational implementation, professional direction, and supervision of the work undertaken by the UConnect Service Centre team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of a responsive, effective student enquiry and information service that supports the needs of diverse student cohorts.
- Lead a team, supervision, and maintain the supports and services provided by the team, underpinned by principles of student-centricity, and monitored against key performance indicators.
- Liaise and build partnerships with Divisional and College to ensure information, advice and responsiveness is designed to meet the needs of the students.
- Coordinate student enquiry management in a range of forms and ensuring student records are maintained to deliver exemplary student experience.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement to procedures of student enquiries and information.
- Ensure seamless referral and follow up for students.
- Utilise service data and metrics to monitor team performance, quality, and efficient service.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate; (please refer to PD for full and detailed selection criteria);
- A degree and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training in education.
- High level of understanding of the strategic goals of the University and ensure service performance and business processes are monitored and continuously improved to optimise student.
- Experience and demonstrated capacity to provide leadership to a large team, including the ability to motivate, guide and continually develop staff to provide services to students which are appropriate to the needs of an increasingly diverse and complex University community.
- An understanding of student management systems and ability to use contemporary office software applications.
- Ability to efficiently perform diverse tasks, exercising initiative, prioritisation, and sound judgement to problem solve and achieve outcomes against competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $114,674 comprising base salary within the range of $89,171 to $98,012 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Kate Lee, Director, Student Services, Kate.Lee@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2098.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 28 July 2021, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.