- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 4 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
In this role, you will be working as an animal technician in a multi species facility. To be successful, you are motivated and committed to the welfare of all animals. You will either have experience working in an animal facility, an animal studies qualification or you are working towards qualifications in a related field. Your duties will include animal husbandry, ensuring that animals are healthy and hygiene is of a high standard throughout the facility, accurate record keeping, in addition to providing a high level of customer service to the research staff and students.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have :
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience working in animal facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience operating in and maintaining animal living spaces.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including understanding and embracing a client focused framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of current OH&S legislation with knowledge of other field or industry regulations or standards related to the field within the scope of the service area.
- Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with a diverse range of people from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of working in accordance to the RMIT value statements or similar frameworks in other organisations.
- A commitment to RMIT’s policies of supporting a diverse workplace along with zero tolerance towards harassment, bullying or discrimination in any form.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
STEM College Office Professional Staff
The STEM College Office Professional staff provide exceptional and efficient support to the College. The Learning, Teaching and Quality teams support:
- Quality Enhancement
- Learning and Teaching support
The Professional shared services Group delivers service to all four School across five distinct functions:
- Student Lifecycle
- Planning & Operations
- Technical Services
- Program & Governance
- WIL & Engagement
Relevant digital solutions – such as Workday – are used by the five teams to streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies. The Group’s end-to-end professional support ensures a consistent approach to the operational and strategic functioning of the College and adherence to University policies and procedures. The STEM College Office professional staff are instrumental in providing students with a transformative and enriched learning experience, and in supporting our research and engagement administration activities. Centralised in the STEM College Office, at our City and Bundoora campuses, professional staff members have opportunities to cross-skill, engage in professional development and develop their own career paths
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact
- Technical Officer- Animal Facility.pdf
14 Aug 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla n der community.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at
telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.