The position will involve rostered shift work including rostered weekend work.
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020_017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.In line with the Public Health Order, all NSW Health Workers are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.What we offer:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the ‘My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.Selection Criteria:
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia
2. Relevant academic qualifications.
3. Previous experience in Haematology, Haemostasis and Transfusion Medicine.
4. Previous experience with LIMS.
5. Previous IT experience.
6. Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Flexibility in work hours.An example on how to address and upload selection criteria is provided in the attachment below in order to assist you with completing your application. Please ensure you review the instructions on how to upload this document as applicants that do not address the selection criteria may have their application automatically culled.Applications close on 19/08/2022