Thomson Geer is a large Australian Corporate law firm with offices in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The firm has more than 580 partners and staff nationally, and offers a dynamic, friendly and professional work environment. We are passionate about constantly providing value to our clients - their business success is our priority. This focus on client value is a key reason for our success.
We are seeking to appoint a service-focused and experienced Technology Trainer / Application Support Specialist to join our Perth office on a full time basis. The role is nationally responsible for the provision of timely, efficient and effective Technology training and application support services to the firm and forms a critical part of our corporate services team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Providing instructor led classroom training to groups and individuals in the firm's software applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Imanage Worksite, PDF Docs and Aderant Expert.
- Provide national Technology help desk support to users, both by phone and in person, in a wide range of technology applications including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint for both remote and on-premises workers.
- Setup and trouble shoot audio visual and video conferencing systems.
- Participate in afterhours on call roster as required.
The successful candidate should be fully competent in the Microsoft Office suite of programs and be able to provide problem-solving assistance, support and advice to our staff, as well as train and facilitate new programs.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience across the priorities listed below:
- Proven ability to train and offer one-on-one support to users in a wide range of technology applications including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Training and assisting users in advanced functions of various software applications, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office in MS Word 2016 (i.e. advance formatting, cross referencing, styles and template creation).
- Assisting in design processes and systems' implementation and training.
- Assisting in writing and implementing training manuals for the firm.
- Review and document enquiries and solutions for inclusion in Frequently Asked Questions.
- Provide timely problem resolution and responsiveness.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in customer service and/or a learning and development field is ideal. The successful applicant will use their initiative, be pro-active, ambitious, capable and motivated.
An understanding of the professional services industry, legal terminology and legislative requirements is important, but not mandatory.